My Dream Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Dream Game

Post by Mister Mushroom on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:32 pm

An Ultra-Realistic Zombie Survival Sandbox w/ RPG elements. Of course the zombies would be one of the few things in the game that aren't realistic, but they will be done in a fashion as realistically as possible.
I shall divide this post into segments to prevent a single, huge wordwall. Also, this is just a basic look at it and isn't as in-depth as I'd like.

Zombies:

Like I said before, they may not be a realistic concept, but they can be done in a slightly realistic fashion. By definition a zombie is simply an undead corpse. They aren't going to be stronger than a human, and in fact are likely to be weaker. They will be stiff and slow due to rigor mortis. As such, they aren't going to be the main opposition of your survival, rather a side-enemy. They will be plentiful, and deadly if encountered under the wrong circumstances, but most clothing can take a human bite or scratch. They would mainly be difficult to defeat en mass, and when such they would pose a major threat.

Other than the obvious bite/scratch, they would moan/growl loudly when prey is near to alert other zombies of it's presence. They would also carry disease, however to make the game not too complex, it would probably only give a simple effect of something like "Sickly" and weaken the player/anyone else infected with it.

Their weaknesses are obviously decapitation and anything shot to the head. However you don't need a high-power rifle to kill them. Realistically speaking, they are rotting corpses. You could use a high-power varmint grade airgun and they could likely kill them in a shot or two. It may not be the most convenient thing to reload, but ammo would be plentiful and light-weight. (Not to mention it's somewhat silent)

The disease would likely be similar to The Walking Dead, in which everyone is infected from the start of the game, but zombification is only activated upon death.

World Generation and Character Creation:

World generation would be a procedurally generated large world hopefully around 2,000 sq. mi. The reason for this size is for it to feel large while still not being insanely huge. The world would allow you to choose real-life countries (or in the instance of large countries, different states/provinces) to emulate the population and environment of that specific place to change your survival strategy entirely. It will also change what items spawn, as you're going to find a lot of machetes in South America whereas you're more likely to find Axes in most places in the continental US.

Character Creation will be very, very in-depth. It will allow you to customize your character greatly. Want a fat person? Fine. Want a muscular beast? Okay. However, your character creation choices will effect your character in-game. Fat character would have more insulation from the cold, but would also be slower and less dexterous. Muscular people would be strong, but also slower and less dexterous. The player would then choose one of many voices for their character which would only be used for grunts and such and take a background quiz similar to the one in M&B:W. This quiz would determine their start-up skills, items and locations. Questions would also likely differ from environment to environment.

NPCs would be procedurally generated. Names would be picked from a (hopefully large) list of names, appearance and stats randomized.

The game would be largely text-driven to allow for more immersion from being directly called by your name, while not being limited to a choice of a handful of them. It will also allow people to enter their own options in the background quiz, while of course being limited to allocating a certain number of points with each answer.

Survival:


Unlike most zombie games, you wouldn't be thrown into the game by yourself, with the unrealistic assumption that everyone in the world is a bandit out to steal, rape and kill. Not everyone would be like that. Lots of small-town communities would be close to each other and try to survive with each other forming colonies/tribes/whatever you wish to call them of experts in different subjects. Carpenters, Doctors, Hunters, Farmers and so forth. If you were in a small town like that, you'd be less likely to have bandits as well as have zombies pouring from each corner. You could also move to a wilderness area, where you are infinitely less likely to encounter zombies, but wild-life would be a larger threat, as well as the cold and hunger. In an urban environment, you'll be likely to encounter zombies at every possible chance. Same with bandits. You'd be better off just leaving the city as soon as you get a chance.

However, that's not to say you are the leader of the group. Just like real life, people are going to swarm to the most worthy person to lead them. You'd have to prove yourself to be a leader. However, that's not to say that you must be a leader. You could be a follower. It would all be up to you.

Survival Elements:

Just like real life, there are a few basic things needed to survive. Shelter and clothing to protect you from the elements. Fire to ward off natural predators (and perhaps even zombies), cook your food/boil your water and keep you warm. Food and water, to keep you going. And companionship, to keep you sane. You could go many different ways to get these.

Items:

There would be large quantities of items. Most would be variants of a base item, however. Just like real life, you'd encounter many different types of, let's say hatchets. You'd find some shitty hardware store ones that have terrible handle grains and are dull as hell, needing hours to sharpen. You'd also fine extremely high-end hand-forged ones with perfect grains and a razor sharp edge, as well as everything in between. Variants would effect the usefulness of the item as well as it's durability and value in trading, however it will not effect what it's used for. A hatchet will still be usable as a chopping tool, hammer and weapon. A higher-end hatchet will perform better at the tasks of chopping and a weapon, however.

_________________
avatar
Mister Mushroom
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 21
Location : 'Murica

View user profile http://videogamefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Hansky on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 pm

how about improvised armoured trucks?

_________________
avatar
Hansky

Posts : 179
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 19
Location : uranus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Mister Mushroom on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:11 am

Hansky wrote:how about improvised armoured trucks?
Would be interesting, but I'd assume in areas it would be needed fuel would be very limited, so perhaps not efficient unless you live the life of a bandit.

_________________
avatar
Mister Mushroom
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 21
Location : 'Murica

View user profile http://videogamefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Jhonhathan B. Williams on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:25 pm

tehr shud be lik
dubl poitns and lik
INSTAHKILL O_O

_________________
Raptr Gamercard
FEEL DA HEAT
avatar
Jhonhathan B. Williams

Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 18
Location : In an area of empty space, making a new world

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Kyon on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:19 am

Sounds good on paper, but in reality if it comes to exist, there's hardly going to be a playerbase , with problems with player commitment and whatnot. You should try explaining how the combat system is gonna be, and what control method will be applied.

_________________
I can't be bothered.
avatar
Kyon

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Mister Mushroom on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Kyon wrote:Sounds good on paper, but in reality if it comes to exist, there's hardly going to be a playerbase , with problems with player commitment and whatnot. You should try explaining how the combat system is gonna be, and what control method will be applied.
Actually, that's one of the reasons I doubt it will ever exist: the lack of people wanting to play it. I mean, I've found like two people in real life that would find it cool, and then a few online, but nothing major.

Anyways, combat wouldn't play a huge part in the game. It would mostly be spent avoiding zombies rather than fighting them. However there will be hunting, of course. It would essentially turn into something similar to how the hunting was in RDR, except perhaps a little more realistic. Other than hunting, there would be occasional bandits. Unsure how that would work out, to be honest. And then, of course, the zombies. Combat would be mainly focused on quiet weapons, like melee, archery, airguns*, suppressed firearms, etc. Louder weapons can be used, however they will attract pretty much every zombie around you and would only be recommended for emergencies/hit-and-run.

Also, I do not know what you mean by "control method"? Like, KBM, Gamepad, etc?

It would, ideally, have support for both. However, due to how complex it is, that might not be possible, so it may be KBM only.

_________________
avatar
Mister Mushroom
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 21
Location : 'Murica

View user profile http://videogamefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Kyon on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Mister Mushroom wrote:
Kyon wrote:Sounds good on paper, but in reality if it comes to exist, there's hardly going to be a playerbase , with problems with player commitment and whatnot. You should try explaining how the combat system is gonna be, and what control method will be applied.
Actually, that's one of the reasons I doubt it will ever exist: the lack of people wanting to play it. I mean, I've found like two people in real life that would find it cool, and then a few online, but nothing major.

Anyways, combat wouldn't play a huge part in the game. It would mostly be spent avoiding zombies rather than fighting them. However there will be hunting, of course. It would essentially turn into something similar to how the hunting was in RDR, except perhaps a little more realistic. Other than hunting, there would be occasional bandits. Unsure how that would work out, to be honest. And then, of course, the zombies. Combat would be mainly focused on quiet weapons, like melee, archery, airguns*, suppressed firearms, etc. Louder weapons can be used, however they will attract pretty much every zombie around you and would only be recommended for emergencies/hit-and-run.

Also, I do not know what you mean by "control method"? Like, KBM, Gamepad, etc?

It would, ideally, have support for both. However, due to how complex it is, that might not be possible, so it may be KBM only.
Ah, sorry, I guess that wasn't too clear. I wasn't talking about if it was to be played on a KBM or a controller, but rather, how the controls are laid out.

_________________
I can't be bothered.
avatar
Kyon

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Mister Mushroom on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Kyon wrote:
Ah, sorry, I guess that wasn't too clear. I wasn't talking about if it was to be played on a KBM or a controller, but rather, how the controls are laid out.
They would be standard controls.

WASD = Movement
E = Interact/Pickup
R = Reload/Hold to Sheath
Etc

For building, I feel as though one would find paper and a pencil or something, then go to a table to draft it and then after gathering the materials they can build the structure anywhere they want as long as they have the draft. Drafting would probably be similar to The Sims building.


_________________
avatar
Mister Mushroom
Admin

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 21
Location : 'Murica

View user profile http://videogamefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Hitlol on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Sounds pretty neat all together.
I wish you luck in your dream game finally becoming a reality.
HITLOL, AWAY!

_________________
"How are they holding up? To shreds you say? Tsk tsk tsk."- Professor Hubert Farnsworth.
avatar
Hitlol

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-10-21
Location : SPAAACE!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Dream Game

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum