VideoGameFans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fuck yeah SWGemu thread

2 posters

Go down

fuck yeah SWGemu thread Empty fuck yeah SWGemu thread

Post by Shrek Sat May 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Star Wars Galaxies is the quintessential sandbox MMO. You can do anything, from becoming a ruthless bounty hunter, to a jedi who must always use secrecy to protect himself from bounty hunters, to traders and crafters who make their way through the entire game without a single instance of combat.

After WoW launched to a massive success, SWG was sold to Sony Online Entertainment who, being Sony, cashed out on the game and pretty much made it a WoW clone.

This update was called the NGE (New Game Enhancements), and drove the vast majority of players away to WoW. Fortunately, some people are re-coding the game almost from scratch (SoE 'lost' the source code) and the project is about eight years in progress.

http://www.swgemu.com/

My current character is Glacio, who is going to be a bounty hunter. After the 24 hour wait needed to create a new character (due to financial limitations, their servers can't hold very much) I'm going to make a weaponsmith.
Shrek
Shrek

Back to top Go down

fuck yeah SWGemu thread Empty Re: fuck yeah SWGemu thread

Post by Hansky Sat May 18, 2013 7:55 pm

I saw a few videos of it on YouTube.
I think there was another SWG emulation site like it, but I can't be bothered to remember it.
Hansky
Hansky

Back to top Go down